Tuesday, 19 August 2014
Friday, 15 August 2014
|The gates to Hatfield House are right opposite the station - just cross the road. But the walk begins once in. It's a beautiful walk if you can enjoy it and are not running late.|
- Thomas & Friends area (which is more than one stand, which includes one with toys to play with - Aaron sat and played with Thomas with a member of staff for what seemed like ages)!!!
- Baby Ballet where we spent LOTS of times and I got tears in my eyes watching my Aaron dance whilst videoing him. Fab fun in there. Girls loved it too.
- Lego Duplo (which includes toys to play with AND animate and even lego to take home - ice cream or giraffe)!!!
- Tottenham Hotspur.
- The Nintendo area (all of us for a while) as you get stickers at each area in there and there is a fab slide. 99% of the Nintendo staff are bubbly and passionate gamers. They even let me charge my phone - thanks Scott. Once my nieces got bored they hopped and skipped to...
- The River Island stand where you get to design/create your own t-shirt, which is provided free of charge. Absolutely a MUST DO. There's a shop there too.
This member of staff is such a passionate Nintendo gamer he had two of his own consoles in his pockets:
This is the map - study it:
We're delighted to present the official #LolliBop 2014 map! pic.twitter.com/1g5v0ZlLmN
— LolliBop (@lollibopuk) August 13, 2014
Thursday, 14 August 2014
Wednesday, 13 August 2014
|Cheesey pasta with chicken, with a generous side salad, which they all gobbled down!|
I do this with Aaron, and as a result he now drinks a lot of water. Where he used to drink a lot of Ribena, he now knows sugar is bad, and will opt for water more often than not, unless he is craving a sugar kick as a treat. The hot weather's been great for getting him drinking LOTS of water. Our new filtered water bottles on the go may have helped too.
This post was a collaboration.
Saturday, 9 August 2014
Tesco Summer Eating Mediterranean Picnic Platter - a perfect addition to any picnic basket and is made for sharing. Choose from delicious pimento stuffed green Hojiblanca olives, Spanish Iberico cheese, Habas Fritas – crunchy, lightly roasted and salted broad beans, slow roasted vine tomatoes paired with creamy Italian mozzarella and a medley of pitted green & black Hojiblanca olives with roasted sweet red peppers.
P.S. this is my favourite photo from the week so far:
Friday, 8 August 2014
Assessing Home Insurance Claims must be an incredibly interesting job to say the least! A bit like hearing all the reasons children come up with for not completing their homework.
There are many kinds of home insurance claims; some of them are, putting it mildly, a little bizarre! Or if not the tale itself the extent of the damage purported to have occurred...
Bizarre claims aside, most of the home insurance claims that are made fall into just five categories, with almost half of them being due to the escape of water or damage done by the weather, with the bulk of the rest being due to theft, accidental damage and subsidence.
- a claim for a damage to a carpet that had been eaten by a snail!
- Damage caused to a shed by a badger that had become trapped inside; and
- An £8,000 claim for damage caused by a pigeon that fell down a chimney. (It's the pigeon I feel sorry for in that case)!
In 2013 home insurance payouts amounted to around £3.8 billion.
You should always make sure any cover you take out covers what you need it to.
|Between the devil and the deep blue sea! As pretty as water is, it can be harmful in and around the home. By the way, the source of that phrase is not at all what you might think! It is nautical in nature and nowt to do with Lucifer!|