Having not blogged the whole time I was there, I wondered what my first post on return would be about, but it was an easy decision after visiting Mummy From The Heart just now. It's well overdue that I join in with Reasons to be Cheerful.
I am tired from flying back yesterday, I have FLU, and I am stressed about unpacking. BUT, it is when you don't feel cheerful that it is GOOD to join in, as it forces you to focus on all that is good. There's always something after all :-)
- Despite there being an issue with somewhere to stay, my Aunt really put herself out, and accommodated us. We had a beautiful house to stay in as a result and they laid on super food for us everyday. My jeans are VERY loose now, just from 10 days of eating 3 square meals a day, and lots of outdoor time with Aaron - even went on trampoline with him a few times too. I think what lost me the weight while I was there was the lack of snacking. I think the only sugar I had was the wedding cake and the sugar in my coffee. Whereas when I am at home I have 4 slices of chocolate toast every morning! Oooops! It was great of her to let us stay with them, considering she was/is mother of the bride. It was a packed to the rafters, fun house to holiday in. My only regret is I should have stayed in a B&B on the eve of the wedding so that I did not get under their feet on the morning of the wedding when they were all getting ready.
- Had a couple of days with my best friend in Ireland, who has 3 boys, so that was fabulous, for me, and for Aaron.
- The wedding was awesome, and despite not having childcare for Aaron I did manage to dance my little socks off. My only regret was that I should have brought the hubby, so he could take Aaron to bed, and then I could have stayed up even later.
- Aaron loved the hotel room we stayed in the night of the wedding - he did make me laugh though as he said that the TV channels were rubbish and not as good as the ones in Thomas Land (he obviously went to his brain archive and found the "last time I stayed in hotel" file).
- The wedding was awesome and I did the first reading and typed up the Order of Service (which I was proud of).
- I know some of you would like to see the New Look dress. Well here it is below :-)
- I went to an awesome Kiddicare blogger focus group last night (blog post to follow). Yes, I went to it despite flying back that same day. I am feeling it today, well mainly because I have flu.
|Had to have my hair done as I felt under dressed at the wedding in May, when I didn't!|
|Loved my affordable New Look dress!|
|Me in New Look and Aaron TK Maxxed!|